[patch 7/8] powerpc: hvc backend for systemsim

Arnd Bergmann arndb at de.ibm.com
Mon Jan 16 00:11:22 EST 2006

On Saturday 14 January 2006 03:05, Olof Johansson wrote:
> This introduces a third name for the same enviroment.
>
> Now we have:
>
> * Mambo
> * systemsim
> * FSS or Full System Simulator
>
> I don't care which one stays, but it's silly to have three.

Yes, that was not particularly well coordinated. Ryan chose
the 'fss' name when he did the hvc backend driver, which was
probably a poor choice considering that everything else
seems to move to systemsim.

The 'mambo' identifier should probably not appear in kernel
sources except when referring to the established '/mambo'
device node in the device tree.

AFAICT, 'IBM Full System Simulator' is the horribly long official
name for this thing, and it is commonly abbreviated as 'systemsim'.
Is this correct?

	Arnd <><