please pull powerpc-merge.git

Paul Mackerras paulus at samba.org
Sun Jan 15 10:49:58 EST 2006

Olof Johansson writes:

> On Sat, Jan 14, 2006 at 03:23:03PM +1100, Paul Mackerras wrote:
>
> >       powerpc: Add FSL SOC library and setup code
> >       powerpc: Add MPC834x SYS board to arch/powerpc
>
> Hrm. I commented on these patches on the list, not knowing they had
> already been merged.
>
> These were posted on the list less than 12 hours before the pull
> request. It'd be nice to have a bit more time than that to look at them
> and comment next time around. I know the upstream merge window is closing,
> but still.

I merged them because Kumar is the maintainer for that code and
because they didn't look like they would break any other platforms.
Your review is still useful, thanks, and Kumar can address your
comments by sending another patch.

Also, I'm not of the opinion that patches have to be perfect before
they can go in, particularly when they are adding stuff that has no
previous users, such as 83xx support in ARCH=powerpc.  The code
evolves, and it is useful for the git history to show how that
happened (within reason of course).

Paul.