[ANNOUNCE] numactl 0.9 released

Andi Kleen ak at suse.de
Sat Jan 7 08:10:30 EST 2006

On Friday 06 January 2006 21:24, Christoph Lameter wrote:
> Here is a patch in order to make numactl support page migration.

Thanks,

Did migrate_pages make it into Linus' tree yet? I don't see it there yet.

I think the name of the command is a bit unintuitive - how
about calling it changenodemem or movenodemem ? (better suggestions
welcome)

At least some words in the manpage what happens when you
specify multiple nodes in from/to might be a good idea.

> +	pid = strtoul(argv[1], &end, 0);
> +	if (*end)

|| end == argv[1]

> +moves the physical localtion of a processes pages without any changes of the

typo.

> +.SH COPYRIGHT
> +Copyright 2005 Christoph Lameter, Silicon Graphics, Inc.
> +migratepages is under the GNU General Public License, v.2

I can only warn you of putting your name visibly into the manpages -
it will give you a constant stream of mails from confused users for many years ;-)

> +,
> +.I shmat(2)

Refer to taskset too? (or alternatively add a option to set the CPU
affinity using cpus or nodes too - taskset has the disadvantage that you cannot
specify nodes so a user would need to know the cpu<->node mapping)

-Andi