Problems loading some select modules

Paul Mackerras paulus at samba.org
Tue Feb 28 16:06:02 EST 2006

Pradeep Satyanarayana writes:

> I was trying to load some Infiniband modules (using modprobe) on Power5
> machine (p570), and I get the following error:
>
> WARNING: Error inserting findex
> (/lib/modules/2.6.16-rc2/kernel/drivers/infiniband/core/findex.ko): Invalid
> module format
>
> Also, in /var/log/messages I see the following error about the same module:
>
> kernel: findex: doesn't contain .toc or .stubs.

Interesting.  I don't see findex.c in the kernel sources anywhere.  It
could be that a very simple module that only accesses variables on the
stack would not need a toc, and maybe in this case the toolchain
doesn't generate a toc.  Could you send me the source of your module
plus the generated findex.ko?

Paul.