PowerMac11,2 sound questions

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sun Feb 19 22:45:32 EST 2006

Hi!

Since I recently got a Quad G5, and paulus/benh were too fast for me to
hack on the fan control, I was looking for something else that is
missing.

Apparently there is no sound support for those machines yet.  Apple
seems to call the sound architecture of those boxes 'onyx', and a quick
look at
http://darwinsource.opendarwin.org/10.4.5.ppc/AppleOnboardAudio-256.2.5/AppleOnboardAudio/
revealed that all onyx specific bits are not present in the source code
:(

Does anyone have more information on what needs to be done / what is
missing for getting sound support on those devices?

[yes, I'm well aware of the long-standing
i2s/infrastructure/ubuntu-bounty/... discussion, but that's not what I'm
asking about]

Thanks!

--
- Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org>          	        http://gnumonks.org/