[FYI/PATCH 3/4] Build fixes for IBM Full System Simulator

Sidney Manning sid at us.ibm.com
Sun Feb 19 01:51:43 EST 2006

This patch is not intended for mainline inclusion.  It is intended to cover
up an assembler bug that is unique to the cross toolchain we use to compile
the kernel for the simulator, "Fatal error: Neither Power nor PowerPC
opcodes were selected."  The build was selecting -mno-altivec and -maltivec
and that combination was the cause of the above buildtime error, -mcellppu
overrode all of that.

Sidney Manning -- IBM-STI Design Center Austin, TX
sid at us.ibm.com -- (512) 838-1125, TL/678-1125

             Christoph Hellwig
             <hch at lst.de>
             02/17/2006 12:32          Utz Bacher <utz.bacher at de.ibm.com>
                                       linuxppc64-dev at ozlabs.org, Sidney
                                       Manning/Austin/IBM at IBMUS,
                                       arndb at de.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [FYI/PATCH 3/4] Build fixes for
                                       IBM Full System Simulator

> +
> +ifneq ($(CROSS_COMPILE),)
> +cpu-as-$(CONFIG_PPC_CELL)         += -Wa,-mcellppu
> +endif

the CROSS_COMPILE setting is wrong.  cross-compilation should not
affect selection of assembler flags.