AW: Re: __setup_cpu_be problem

Jimi Xenidis jimix at watson.ibm.com
Wed Feb 15 22:29:20 EST 2006

It is important we consider the cases where the hypervisor is present
and not present.
There is also the problem of different Hypervisors.
I do not think FW without Hypervisor has any  business choosing the
page sizes for an OS.
For Hypervisor machines, as discussed below, it needs to be negotiated.
There are plenty of things that need to be negotiated like this, and
it is likely that each hypervisor will do this differently.

I guess for Hypervisors we'll wait and see.
-JX