merge these lists?

Joel Schopp jschopp at austin.ibm.com
Wed Feb 8 03:45:38 EST 2006

> A lot of messages seem to get cross-posted to both linuxppc-dev and
> linuxppc64-dev these days, since we are all working in the one tree.
> Rather than having to cross-post, I propose that we create a single
> powerpc-dev at ozlabs.org list to replace linuxppc-dev and
> linuxppc64-dev.  (The linuxppc-embedded list would continue as at
> present.)
>
> If we do this, we would set up the new list with the union of the
> subscribers of the old lists, and make emails sent to linuxppc-dev and
> linuxppc64-dev go to the new list, so it should be painless.
>
> Thoughts? Comments? Objections?

Marvelous idea.  I like the new name too, matches the kernel tree and
all that.  A few points to make sure we get right, most of which have
already been mentioned:

-New archives should have links to the old archives.
-Old list addresses should automagically send to new list.
-The subscribers to both lists should automagically be subscribed to the
new list.