kernel debugging tool

Heiko J Schick info at schihei.de
Sat Feb 4 05:04:42 EST 2006

Hello,

you can also use XMON or KDB, which are kernel debuggers.
XMON is normally included in PowerPC kernels. I think
for KDB you have to patch your kernel, but that could be
wrong.

If you dump out the crash instruction and compare it
with the assembler output of your GCC, you can find
fast the source code line which caused the kernel panic.

Perhaps the following links helps, too:
http://urbanmyth.org/linux/oops/
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-kprobes.html?ca=dgr-
lnxw42Kprobe