creating PCI-related sysfs entries

linas linas at austin.ibm.com
Wed Feb 1 07:22:14 EST 2006

Hi,

I want to create some sysfs entries in order to report on the
status of PCI slots.  (If you are guessing that this pertains
to the PCI error recovery code, you'd be right).  I'm having
trouble figuring out the best way to do this.

There are existing entries at /sys/bus/pci/slots/... but these
are for hotplug slots only; none of the soldered-onto-the-MB
devices show up here.  Is this intentional, or is this a bug/
overshight/not-yet-implemented thing?

I also want to report some roll-up system-wide statistics
both /sys/module and /sys/class seem reasonable. My code
does not compile as a module. Suggestions?

Yes, I'm going to RTFM shortly after I hit the send key,
assuming I find the FM.

--linas