PATCH powerpc: Merge asm-ppc*/hardirq.h

Christoph Hellwig hch at lst.de
Wed Sep 14 21:05:06 EST 2005

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 03:38:40PM -0500, Jon Loeliger wrote:
> +#ifndef _ASM_POWERPC_HARDIRQ_H
> +#define _ASM_POWERPC_HARDIRQ_H
> +#ifdef __KERNEL__

the __KERNEL__ ifdefs is not needed.  <asm/hardirq.h> is only included
from <linux/hardirq.h> which doesn't have anything user-visible.

> +
> +#include <linux/config.h>

not needed.

> +#include <linux/cache.h>
> +
> +#ifdef __powerpc64__
> +#include <linux/preempt.h>
> +#else
> +#include <linux/smp_lock.h>
> +#include <asm/irq.h>
> +#endif

We shouldn't need either of these include blocks at all.

> +
> +/* The __last_jiffy_stamp field is needed to ensure that no decrementer
> + * interrupt is lost on SMP machines. Since on most CPUs it is in the same
> + * cache line as local_irq_count, it is cheap to access and is also used on UP
> + * for uniformity.
> + */
> +typedef struct {
> +	unsigned int __softirq_pending;	/* set_bit is used on this */
> +	unsigned int __last_jiffy_stamp;
> +} ____cacheline_aligned irq_cpustat_t;

I'd suggest just using a DECLARE_PER_CPU variable for last_jiffy_stamp.
In facct I plan to get rid of irq_cpustat_t completely at some point.