[RFC] SCSI target for IBM Power5 LPAR

Dave C Boutcher sleddog at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 7 22:45:04 EST 2005

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 12:49:32PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 04:28:01PM -0500, Dave C Boutcher wrote:
> > This device driver provides the SCSI target side of the "virtual
> > SCSI" on IBM Power5 systems.  The initiator side has been in mainline
> > for a while now (drivers/scsi/ibmvscsi/ibmvscsi.c.)  Targets already
> > exist for AIX and OS/400.
>
> Please try to integrate that with the generic scsi target framework at
> http://developer.berlios.de/projects/stgt/.

There hasn't been a lot of forward progress on stgt in over a year, and
there were some issues (lack of scatterlist support, synchronous and
serial command execution) that were an issue when last I looked.

Vlad, can you comment on the state of stgt and whether you see it
being ready for mainline any time soon?

--
Dave Boutcher