Infiniband & chelsio with linux 2.6.14-rc3

Xavier Grave grave at ipno.in2p3.fr
Wed Oct 12 01:57:32 EST 2005

Hi,

I have compiled a 2.6.14-rc3 kernel for an openpower 710. I have for
test purpose a chelsio 10 Gb ethernet board, and also a dual 10Gb
infiniband interface with the mellanox chipset.

When hotplug load the driver for infiniband I get the following
message :
ib_mthca: Mellanox InfiniBand HCA driver v0.06 (June 23,
2005)
ib_mthca: Initializing
0001:d1:00.0
ib_mthca 0001:d1:00.0: FW reports that HCA-attached memory is not
hidden; does g
ib_mthca 0001:d1:00.0: INIT_HCA command failed,
aborting.
ib_mthca: probe of 0001:d1:00.0 failed with error -16
After this I load the ip over infiniband driver and no IP interface
comes up...

For the chelsio driver : i modprobe cxbg and no more IP interface
comes...

Does somebody already test this king of hardware with a ppc machine ?
Any hint welcome, thanks in advance, xavier