To large page or not to large page

Jimi Xenidis jimix at watson.ibm.com
Sat Oct 1 10:43:55 EST 2005

It seems as tho Linux will map the kernel with large pages if the
processor allows it regardless if the lmb is sufficient to hold a
large page, correct?

Is there some runtime option to force the use of 4K pages.

Ultimately, my desire is to define a 256Mig segment that, using a
Hypervisor, that can be populated by shared pages that can physically
belong to the  hypervisor or other partions/domains) and restrict the
mappings to 4k.  I have some ideas, but am willing to hear any suggestions.

-JX

--
 "I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even
  began to know what I was talking about." -- Peter Griffin (Family Guy)