simpleTemp.py

linas linas at austin.ibm.com
Tue Nov 29 07:29:21 EST 2005

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 10:48:25AM +0100, Markus Demleitner was heard to remark:

> I guess one should rather find the temperature sensor on that device
> (unfortunately, I'm told it's not accessible as easily as the two SMU
> sensors simpleTemp handles) and do a control loop for this sensor and
> the hard disk temperature.

Should be accessible via "SMART" (Self-monitoring analysis and reporting
technology) via smartd and smartmntools in Linux. The drive temperature
is in there; unfortunately, it seems that its sometimes uncalibrated.

This is a purely user-space package, bt must run as root.

--linas