powerpc: Kill ppcdebug

Anton Blanchard anton at samba.org
Mon Nov 7 03:25:11 EST 2005

Hi,

> I agree it's pretty ugly, but I thought the concept was at least nice, ie.
> runttime enablable debugging. The current scheme of having to #define DEBUG
> in a gazillion different files is pretty painful.

I found it hard to use because it ended up printing way too much stuff
that only the writer of that particular bit of debug code could
understand. The PCI code was a case in point, I always went in and wrote
my own debug code even though a lot of ppcdebug stuff existed.

I agree some runtime debug stuff is useful (numa=debug has been very
useful in the past), but Im not sure we need common infrastructure for
this.

Anton