powerpc: Consolidate asm compatibility macros

David Gibson david at gibson.dropbear.id.au
Sun Nov 6 13:55:58 EST 2005

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 11:33:14PM -0600, Kumar Gala wrote:
> David,
>
> I hate to be anal, but I think keep the 'L' is useful in the macro
> names.
>
> PPC_LD -> PPC_LL
>
> I read 'PPC_LD' as either "PPC load" or "PPC load double" never of
> which is useful.  How about "PPC_LL", which I read as "PPC load long".
>
> I would propose the following names which at least follow some PPC
> naming convention:
>
> PPC_LL
> PPC_STL
> PPC_LLARX
> PPC_STLCX

Hrm.. I actually deliberately removed the L, on the grounds that
"long" doesn't necessarily have a consistent meaning between C and
asm.  The idea is that all these operations work on the "natural" size
for the arch, which is to say the size of the GPRs, which is to say
the size of a C long.

Up to you, paulus.

http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson