device-tree in U-Boot

jfaslist jfaslist at yahoo.fr
Tue May 24 08:23:50 EST 2005

for what it's worth...you can give a look at what IBM provides in its
ppc64 reference design for the 970FX CPU. They use a firmware called
PIBS that have a lightweight implementation of OF and a device tree.
See under /bsp_970fx/oflib/oflib
$ ls
discover.c  dumptree.o  of_canon.o  of_stub.o   openfirm.o    version.c
discover.o  makefile    of_path.c   of_stub.s   treecreate.c  version.o
dumptree.c  of_canon.c  of_path.o   openfirm.c  treecreate.o

The code can be obtained from:
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/power/ppc970fx/?S_TACT=105AGX37&S_CMP=TAPPA

-jf simon - themis computer