device-tree in U-Boot

Segher Boessenkool segher at kernel.crashing.org
Wed May 18 03:12:14 EST 2005

> You have mentioned that there are only little requirements provided by
> the kernel regarding device tree. Can you please clarify?

The kernel doesn't actually use much of all that is defined in the
Open Firmware standard.  My suggestion would be, to just start with
an empty device tree, see what breaks, fix it, and repeat.  Warning:
part of what will break is the kernel not doing enough checking.  It
would be great to have this fixed up as a side effect ;-)

Segher