io_block_mapping in PPC64?

Tzachi Perelstein tzachi at marvell.com
Mon May 16 20:47:22 EST 2005

Please forgive me, but although I absolutely accept your motivation, I
disagree with your conclusion. Linux ppc64 should have an alternative to
the 'desktop' device-tree structure, something that will be more
embedded systems friendly, like the compact U-Boot structure. It doesn't
mean that ppc64 arch will become a mess.
I will consult Wolfgang Denk, the U-Boot owner, about this matter.
Regards,
Tzachi