Patch to kill ioremap_mm

John Rose johnrose at austin.ibm.com
Tue May 10 01:43:42 EST 2005

Hi Ben-

> Do we need that for normal mmio ioremap mappings or only for PHB IO
> space ?

Just the latter.

> As I said, the later would stay separate, but I feel we don't
> need the imalloc infrastructure to handle it. We can probably just
> directly set/invalidate PTEs for the ranges when needed.

So you won't use vmalloc to manage the explicit mappings for the PHB
ranges?  How will you keep up with what's been mapped for a PHB?  Seems
like this would be necessary to know upon removal.  Or will you simply
invalidate for the entire PHB range, even for subranges that aren't
mapped?

Sweating the details :)

John