[BUG] 2.6.11- sym53c8xx Broken on pp64

Olof Johansson olof at austin.ibm.com
Wed Mar 23 09:37:52 EST 2005

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 12:07:36AM -0500, Omkhar Arasaratnam wrote:

> 2.6.10 works just fine save an initrd error which *could* be my fault

2.6.11, 2.6.11.5 and 2.6.12-rc1-bk1 all work here on a p630 in SMP
(nonpartitioned) mode. You didn't answer if you're running in partitioned
mode or not, unfortunately this system doesn't have an HMC to try
partitioned mode with.

There are some peculiarities with p630s in partitioned mode, they're one
of the few machines that have dma-window properties at several levels
in the tree for the partition that has the internal I/O assigned to it
but the logic shouldn't have changed in 2.6.11. If that's your config,
let me know.

Also, what firmware version do you have? You can find out by looking at
/proc/device-tree/openprom/ibm,fw-vernum-encoded.

-Olof