CONFIG_NUMA and DISCONTIG inconsistencies

Olof Johansson olof at austin.ibm.com
Tue Mar 22 06:01:00 EST 2005

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 07:56:10AM -0800, Dave Hansen wrote:

> in mmzone.h under #ifdef CONFIG_DISCONTIGMEM.  Seems much more like a
> NUMA thing to me.  Two completely untested patches to fix this up
> attached.  Comments?

Yes. I suggest boot testing your patches before posting them, that way
you can catch embarrasing build errors and avoid others from wasting
their time finding them.

> -/* NUMA debugging, will not work on a DLPAR machine */
> -#undef DEBUG_NUMA

Why are you removing the debug support under this patch? If you want to
remove it, please do it explicitly under a different patch.

> -#ifdef DEBUG_NUMA
> -#define ARRAY_INITIALISER -1
> -#else
> -#define ARRAY_INITIALISER 0
> -#endif
> -
>  int numa_cpu_lookup_table[NR_CPUS] = { [ 0 ... (NR_CPUS - 1)] =
>       ARRAY_INITIALISER};

How do you expect this to build if you remove ARRAY_INITIALISER?

-Olof