[RFC/PATCH] Updated: ppc64: Add mem=X option

Michael Ellerman michael at ellerman.id.au
Thu Mar 17 16:31:27 EST 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 20:28, Paul Mackerras wrote:
> Michael Ellerman writes:
> > Here is an updated patch for adding support for the mem=X boot option.
>
> It gets rejects now that Mike Kravetz's NUMA patch has gone in.  Care
> to respin it?

Hi Paulus,

My patch works again now that Mike's has been reverted =D ! Although I notice
he's posted an updated version just now.

I've got to see what's going on with Maneesh's kernel (crashes in
prom_memparse), and then I'll look at Mike's new patch. If Mike needs more
time to get his NUMA changes sorted we could merge most of the mem=X code and
leave the NUMA change until later (need to boot with numa=off), I'd like to
test the NUMA change a bit more anyway.

I'm not getting much work done being sick, so it might take me a few days.

cheers!