Make idle_loop a member of ppc_md

Michael Ellerman michael at ellerman.id.au
Fri Jul 1 21:46:14 EST 2005

Currently the idle loop is selected in idle_setup() by consulting
systemcfg->platform and with a few ifdefs as well.

These five patches make idle_loop a member of the ppc_md structure, and moves
the selection into the respective platforms' setup_arch().

I wrote this and then change my mind, and thought we should instead try and
reduce the number of different idle loops. But that looks hard, perhaps
impossible, so this might be as good as it gets.

I've boot tested on iSeries and pSeries LPAR, and compiled defconfig for
iSeries/pSeries/maple/G5.

cheers

--
Michael Ellerman
IBM OzLabs

email: michael:ellerman.id.au
inmsg: mpe:jabber.org
wwweb: http://michael.ellerman.id.au
phone: +61 2 6212 1183 (tie line 70 21183)

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children. - S.M.A.R.T Person