[gentoo-ppc-dev] CONFIG_THERM_PM72 is missing from .config from recent kernels (2.6.10, 2.6.11)

Maurice Volaski mvolaski at aecom.yu.edu
Sun Jan 30 10:41:19 EST 2005

>Hello Maurice
>
>>  It's missing from .config in at least a few releases of recent
>>  kernels (2.6.10, 2.6.11).
>
>Definitly not true, at least for ppc32.

Note that..

1) I looked only at official kernel source code
and
2) I looked only at a few releases, not every patchset.
and
3) I looked only at the resulting .config file after preparing it
with make menuconfig.

>Linux g5 2.6.10-gentoo-r6-g5 #6 SMP Wed Jan 26 23:05:05 CET 2005 ppc
>PPC970, altivec supported PowerMac7,2 GNU/Linux

 From what I can tell, the .config file is built up from different
files. I just looked at gentoo-dev-sources for this version and it
is, in fact, present for ppc64 in
/usr/src/linux-2.6.10-gentoo-r6/arch/ppc64/defconfig

That suggests the mechanism that generates the .config files is not
working right under certain circumstances related to the 64bit G5.

Maurice Volaski, mvolaski at aecom.yu.edu