Problems using Apple LCD with 2.6.10

Markus Rothe markus at unixforces.net
Fri Jan 7 04:55:01 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for such mails, but I didn't
found another place to post my problem.

My problem is that my LCD doesn't work correctly with latest (2.6.10)
kernel. It's an Apple Cinema Display connected through the Apple Display
Connector (ADC). The problem is that there are many "blue lightnings" all
over the display. With blue lightning I mean a small set of pixels which
turn into light blue for about half a second. And my display also flickers
from time to time. Both happens when running console mode and if I run
Xorg.

This problem is definetly related to the kernel as it does not occure with
kernel 2.6.9.

Markus