ppc64 biarch binutils configure uses different default "--target" than gcc,glibc

Nitin Gupta ngupta at mvista.com
Sat Feb 19 06:23:35 EST 2005

Hi,
I downloaded scripts to build ppc 970 biarch toolchain from
ftp://ftp.linuxppc64.org/pub/people/janis. I noticed that only binutils
uses default target (--target) to be powerpc-linux where as gcc,glibc
uses powerpc64-linux. Is there any reason for that? BTW. binutils has
--enable-targets=powerpc64-linux in its configure command

Please, let me know, if should  put this question at binutils mailing list.

Thanks,
Nitin

--
MontaVista Linux- Value Wins