Accessing NVRAM on the Maple board

brian jewell brian.jewell at themis.com
Wed Dec 28 09:38:55 EST 2005

Benjamin,

I think I need to reword my question...

The company I work for is building a small footprint PPC970 board, based on
the Maple reference design, that uses a proprietary service processor. I
need to be able to read NVRAM from Linux on our PPC970 board.

There is a driver in <linux>/arch/ppc64/kernel called "nvram.c" that looks
like it would provide the capability of reading NVRAM. I was wondering if
anyone knew anything about this driver, such as if there is any
documentation on how to use it?

Thanks for your reply.

--Brian