atkbd keys missing

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sat Dec 3 05:49:37 EST 2005

  Hi, my powermac G5 SMU now runs nicely with 2.6.15-rc4 (ignoring sound,
of course) except for one awkward problem - I'm using a PC PS/2 keyboard
(108 keys, if I can count) through a kvm switch, then a PS2-to-usb
adaptor.  This is a British keyboard, and two of the keys don't work
(nothing at all shows from them, not even scancodes).

   One of these keys is the 'wake' key (code 143 on my other boxes) which
I don't miss, but the other is the '\' key (or '|' when shifted) which I
find somewhat important.  On british keyboards we fit this between the
left shift and z keys, and it shows up as code 86 on my other boxes.  I
guess not many people use these keyboards on macs (the standard keyboard
is almost american), so I'm not surprised this is broken.

  I'm at a loss to know where to look to try to fix this - there are no
logged messages from atkbd about unknown keys (although atkbd is built
in to my config), and the keycode tables in drivers/char/keyboard.c and
drivers/input/keyboard/atkbd.c seem to be constant for almost all
architectures.

  Is there a powerpc(64) keyboard driver that I'm overlooking, or has
anybody any pointers to where I should be looking, please ?

Ken