please pull powerpc-merge.git

Paul Mackerras paulus at samba.org
Fri Dec 2 16:39:58 EST 2005

Olof Johansson writes:

> On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 03:57:05PM +1100, Paul Mackerras wrote:
>
> > Michal Ostrowski:
> >       powerpc/pseries: Fix TCE building with 64k pagesize
>
> Did I miss this one when it went by on the list, or was it never posted
> there?

Michal sent it just to me, for some reason.  I convinced myself that
it did actually fix a bug, so I sent it on.  Next time maybe Michal
can cc linuxppc64-dev.

> That's not a good way to do it -- tce_build_pSeriesLP will be called
> for 1 64K page, but it will actually insert 16 4K pages. It's definately
> a case for buildmulti.
>
> I suggest the following instead.

Or better still, we could do:

	if (TCE_PAGE_FACTOR == 0 && npages == 1)
		return tce_build_pSeriesLP(tbl, tcenum, npages, uaddr,
					   direction);

which will let the whole tce_build_pSeriesLP call get optimized out
when we have 64k pages selected.

Paul.