termbits.h question

Becky Bruce becky.bruce at freescale.com
Thu Aug 25 10:23:15 EST 2005

So,

Can anyone explain why termbits.h in include/asm-ppc64 #includes
linux/posix_types.h?

  It doesn't seem to be needed by termbits.h itself, and I've
successfully built all the 64-bit ppc configs without the #include.
I'm wondering if this is historical, or if there's some other reason
I'm missing.

I'd like to merge this with the very similar 32-bit version, but I need
to understand why this #include is there.  It's missing in the 32-bit
version, which is essentially the same file, ordered slightly
differently.

Cheers,