[patch 2/2] PPC64: Janitorial: Remove unused, deprecated code

Nathan Lynch ntl at pobox.com
Fri Aug 19 02:19:44 EST 2005

linas at austin.ibm.com wrote:
> -/**
> - * Returns all nodes linked together
> - */
> -struct device_node *
> -find_all_nodes(void)
> -{
> -	struct device_node *head, **prevp, *np;
> -
> -	prevp = &head;
> -	for (np = allnodes; np != 0; np = np->allnext) {
> -		*prevp = np;
> -		prevp = &np->next;
> -	}
> -	*prevp = NULL;
> -	return head;
> -}
> -EXPORT_SYMBOL(find_all_nodes);

I don't think we're supposed to just rip out exported symbols without
notice anymore.

This is only one of a family of unofficially deprecated functions for
traversing the OF device tree.  Perhaps we should add this group of
functions to Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt to make it
official, and then we can get rid of them in a few months.