RFC: proposed arch/powerpc directory structure

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Fri Aug 12 06:18:21 EST 2005

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 03:13:30PM -0500, Kumar Gala wrote:

> On Aug 11, 2005, at 2:59 PM, Tom Rini wrote:
>
> >On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 11:45:10AM -0500, Becky Bruce wrote:
> >
> >[snip]
[snip]
> >>        83xx/ (may collapse into classic 32 at some point)
> >>        86xx/ (may collapse into classic 32 at some point)
> >>        pq2/ (may collapse into classic 32 at some point)
> >>

> >PQ2 is the marketing name for 82xx, lets just call it 82xx.
>
> The problem is that PQ2 describes a subset of 82xx (it nots
> 8240/8241/8245).

All the more reason imho to stick all 82xx stuff under '82xx', rather
than classic32 or 'pq2'.

> >I don't like the idea of sticking subdirs in classic32/ either, but
> >also
> >can't think of a better name for the catchall of 7xx and 74xx boards.
>
> I dont think we where planning on subdirs in classic32.

I took "may collapse into classic 32 at some point" to mean "move into
classic32/ at some point", for some reason.  collapsing the content into
classic32/ will bring us back to the bad-old-days of everything in
platforms/ (or kernel/).

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/