Merging ppc32 and ppc64

Segher Boessenkool segher at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Aug 10 20:15:09 EST 2005

> It is already the case (and has always been the case) that you can't
> boot a vmlinux image directly from OF - there is always either or both
> of yaboot or a zImage wrapper in between anyway.

If you fix the ELF headers, you can boot a vmlinux directly
from OF just fine.

I agree getting rid of all that RELOC() stuff is a worthy goal;
I just hope there's a better way to do it...

Anyway, I'm not going to stand in you guys way -- please
just don't make it harder for me without reason, though.

Segher