Fan control for new PowerMac G5 2.7GHz machines?

Brian D. Carlstrom bdc at carlstrom.com
Wed Aug 10 10:34:35 EST 2005

Geoff Levand writes:
 > Seems like this makes it work, at least I get '** CPU ...' like debug
 > messages coming out.

Since I started this thread, I wanted to mention that with Fedora Core 4
(versus YDL 4.0.1) things worked fine. The fans run loud during the
installation but after reboot the installed kernel has no problems. The
2.6.12-1.1398_FC4 kernel installed by "yum update" is also fine.

We have 2 more 2.7 GHz on backorder. Apparently they are holding them up
to resolve some issue. Hopefully they aren't just creating more special
cases to test for.

-bri