Fw: when to mark reserved low memory pages

Linas Vepstas linas at austin.ibm.com
Thu Sep 30 04:11:40 EST 2004

On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 05:26:20PM +0100, Linda Xie was heard to remark:

> Here is my final patch which will be submitted to redhat.

You should also ask paulus to put the patch into mainline, right?
For that, you should provide an explanation of what this fixes,
(why it hadn't been fixed before?) and also a 'Signed-off-by' line.

And to satisfy my curiosity, what's this thing used for? I can
only see it alloced and user-sapce read/written via proc interfaces;
why is it needed? And why does it have to be in low memory?

--linas