reading files in /proc/device-tree

R Sharada sharada at in.ibm.com
Wed Sep 29 20:17:00 EST 2004

Hello,
	I am looking for a way to be able to read data files for nodes under
/proc/device-tree, from userspace.
	I do see a fs/proc/proc_devtree.c which has the kernel code to read
properties from nodes under /proc/device-tree. However, I could not find out
how this is being exported to the userspace.
	Basically, I have a requirement to be able to find out System RAM
addressable ranges from userspace. I was told it could be obtained by reading
the memory nodes's reg property from under /proc/device-tree.

Any pointers or ideas will be helpful.

Thanks and Regards,
Sharada