Fwd: Re: Booting Linux from HardDisk on iSeries

Wjeeha Tahir wjfast at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 21 19:33:32 EST 2004

Just a correction.. after i changed to vda2 the following errors appear on the console:

mf.c: Preparing to bounce...
LINUXRH : Console connected.
pty: 2048 Unix98 ptys configured
NET4: Frame Diverter 0.46
RAMDISK driver initialized: 256 RAM disks of 8192K size 1024 blocksize
md: md driver 0.90.0 MAX_MD_DEVS=256, MD_SB_DISKS=27
md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
md: autorun ...
md: ... autorun DONE.
Initializing Cryptographic API
NET4: Linux TCP/IP 1.0 for NET4.0
IP: routing cache hash table of 2048 buckets, 32Kbytes
Linux IP multicast router 0.06 plus PIM-SM
Initializing IPsec netlink socket
NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0/SMP for Linux NET4.0.
Freeing initrd memory: 788k freed
Freeing unused kernel memory: 156k init
Kernel panic: No init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel.
Rebooting in 180 seconds..

What to do now??

Thanks and Kind Regards,
Wjeeha Tahir