[vHype-discussion] u64 in linux

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Sat Oct 16 04:58:58 EST 2004

On Freedag 15 Oktober 2004 17:53, Jimi Xenidis wrote:
> BTW: a thread starts here:
>    http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0402.3/1428.html
>
> After a whole lot of clicking it looks like a dropped patch.
>
> I guess its the cast, it seems thats the linux way at the moment.

Yes, I think there have been some patches to drivers going in that
direction.
An alternative if the warning is in your own code is to use
'unsigned long long' or a user defined 'uval64' directly in
the declaration instead of 'u64'.

C99 also mandates that the macro PRIu64 contains the correct
format string for uint64_t (which afaik is always the same as u64).
It's currently not defined in linux, but could perhaps be added.

	Arnd <><