Some ppc64 signal/ptrace patches.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun Nov 28 00:18:12 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-27 at 15:20 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> I haven't looked in detail yet at the patch, but have you double chcked
> that restarting is still OK ? I remember the whole thing beeing quite
> fragile ...

It should be -- I haven't done anything which really ought to affect it.
The code in signal.c and signal32.c seems to have a lot of duplication,
but also a lot of code which is _almost_ duplicated but just slightly
different for no adequately defined reason. I wonder if it makes sense
to have a go at unifying it a bit, or at least making the 32 and 64 bits
look alike if they _do_ have to be separate?

--
dwmw2