[RFC] Consolidate lots of hugepage code

William Lee Irwin III wli at holomorphy.com
Mon Nov 8 06:20:24 EST 2004

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 04:20:30AM +1100, Anton Blanchard wrote:
> Could you point me at a summary of these 2 issues?

It's all pretty obvious. The first is checking page size vs. cache size
and whether it's VI or does anything unusual; thus far things look
hopeful that flush_dcache_page() analogues are unnecessary. More
information about Super-H is needed to wrap up what will probably be no
more than an audit. The second is a triplefault on x86-64 under some
condition involving a long-running database regression test. There has
obviously been considerably less progress there in no small part due to
the amount of time required to reproduce the issue.

-- wli