Linux on G5 Xserve?

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Sat May 15 07:18:20 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 06:28, Greg Johnson wrote:
> > It's known not to boot yet, yes. I haven't had time & access to the HW
> > to make it work yet.
> >
> > Ben.
>
> Power management seems to work with this patch.  I still haven't figured
> out the issue with SMP, but I did install Debian!

Hrm, no, please, do _NOT_ use the existing PM driver, it will not drive
the fans properly on this machine. There are some differences in the
way the stuffs are setup, some fans will not be driven at all I'm afraid
and we may mix incorrect temperature inputs with fan outputs.

I or somebody else from YDL produce something based on the Darwin source
soon enough.