vio cleanups

Hollis Blanchard hollisb at us.ibm.com
Wed May 5 01:37:15 EST 2004

On May 3, 2004, at 11:04 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> First round of vio cleanups in preparation of using it for iSeries.
> This removes archdata and driver_data from struct vio_dev and uses
> platform_data and driver_data in the embedded struct device instead.
>
> Also, it adds type and name fields to struct viodev which on pSeries
> just point to the type and name fields of the platform_data (i.e. the
> open firmware struct device_node fields).  This will allow them to be
> used differently by the iSeries implementation.

Looks ok (though I haven't actually tried it yet either :) . Shouldn't
vio_get_property be protected from use on iSeries somehow?

Hmm, reminds me the "free TCE" patch was never committed. Linda did you
ever get a chance to try that (DLPAR remove of a virtual device would
leak its IOMMU table). It was Olof's patch, attached below.

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center