_IO_IS_ISA question

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Fri Mar 26 09:36:36 EST 2004

> Dang, I could have sworn that the ppc64 macros didn't do that, but now
> that I really did look at them, I see that indeed they do, so objections
> withdrawn & I am feeling slightly foolish.
>
> Moving off-topic: anyone ever experiment with removing these isyncs
> from the ppc64 code, and seeing if at least our most common
> adapters/controllers still work?  Are these broken drivers for things
> that no one would ever plug into ppc64?

Why the heck would we want to take such a risk ? I just added them
actually ;) The cost of the twi/isync is, I beleive, small compared
to the overall cost of doing an IO read, and I'm not prepared to
used on pSeries are happy with it (and I'm sure they aren't anyway).

There is more to ppc64 than just pSeries anyway ;)