Dcbz vs dcbzl

Segher Boessenkool segher at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Mar 25 19:00:06 EST 2004

That has already been done, and I wrote a patch:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2004-03/msg00502.html

> Note that the proper fix is for code to use the cache line size as
> provided by the ELF AUX tables by the kernel to any launched
> executable,

Yep, all that, etc.  For Linux, we should just fix broken code, we
have access to all source code after all.  We don't need this weird
"combatibility to incompatible code" mode.  Of course, if you only
have binary code...  well we pity you ;-)

Segher