_IO_IS_ISA question

linas at austin.ibm.com linas at austin.ibm.com
Thu Mar 25 06:25:43 EST 2004

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 05:29:09AM +1100, Anton Blanchard wrote:

> > Reviewed the patch...  that patch looked reasonable from what I
> > could tell; I have one request: could you cut&paste some portion
> > of this email into the comments for that code? e.g. the second
> > paragaph could go into the include/asm/eeh.h file right before
> > the eeh_in* macros ....
>
> Paul, Ben and I were discussing it, and it would seem we can use the
> existing exception stuff (aka get_user etc). This would remove all the
> ISA_* checks we currently have and not require the added complexity that
> this patch introduces.

Ohh, yes, I like that, much better idea.  I'm guessing a little bit
how one might do that;  I'm thinking a new 'copy_to_io' type function
with the isa_port<0x10000 check in the ex_table code?  I'm somewhat
confused, since bad_page_fault usually runs at the end, not at the start
of the exception handling.

--linas