OpenFirmware devices and hotplug events

Dave Hansen haveblue at us.ibm.com
Thu Mar 18 04:23:33 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 09:10, Greg KH wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 08:16:28AM -0800, Dave Hansen wrote:
> > The thing to remember here is that we're not suggesting that the entire
> > /proc/device-tree be copied, verbatim, to sysfs.
>
> Why not?  That's the proper place for it, if you really need it.

Could someone elaborate a little more about "ibm,drc-indexes"?  I was
imagining that it is just metadata, and likely to be best represented as
properties for other devices, not a device itself.  But, I obviously
don't know what I'm talking about. :)

But, I guess the OF tree could be considered a system device, all by
itself.  Then, it's free to use whatever layout it desires, right?

-- dave