eeh patch

Nathan Fontenot nfont at austin.ibm.com
Wed Mar 17 08:40:12 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 12:21, Greg KH wrote:
> How about "what the hell are you doing?" as feedback.  :)
>
> What's wrong with sysfs and the hotplug interface for doing this kind of
> stuff?  We need another user-space daemon reading from a /proc file like
> we need another implementation of devfs...
>
> Please, stop reinventing the wheel and use the subsytems and interfaces
> that are already present in the kernel to do this kind of stuff.
>
> thanks,
>
> greg k-h

Yes, I agree that containing all of this behavior in the kernel
would be the best way to go.  There's nothing wrong with the
hotplug interfaces, I just wasn't able to find anything that
worked for me.  Any help you could provide as to which interfaces
are the proper ones to use to hotplug/unplug devices from the
kernel would be very helpful. thanks.

-Nathan F.