kernel 2.6.3 on JS20

Jake Moilanen moilanen at austin.ibm.com
Fri Mar 5 05:27:48 EST 2004

> I finally applied these 2 patches on 2.6.4-rc1 TAGGED version
> (boot sequence of 2.6.3 was stopped because of NVRAM partion read issue)

What was the NVRAM partition read issue??

> Now under 2.6.4-rc1 + ide patch + fw patch , I'm almost at the end of boot sequence,
> except that there's something wrong about IDE interrupts (interrupt 0x10 received and disabled at boot time).
> Is it a still pending problem or is there a fix ?

I just ran into this one after pulling this morning.  This looks like a
result of IDE probing for devices generating an interrupt as a side
effect, but not having called request_irq().  request_irq will put the
real-to-virtual mapping in the radix tree.  Since that has not occurred
xics_get_irq() will not know about the early interrupt and will disable
it.  This will cause all future interrupts to be missed for IDE.  I've
attached a patch to fix the problem by going down the "slow path" in
finding the real-to-virtual mappings of the irq when the radix tree
takes a miss.

Thanks,
Jake